Friday, October 1, 2010

51 Great American Burger Joints

One of the benefits of opening my building at work is some quiet time to catch up on work and skim the headlines in the papers that are delivered daily. I usually find one or two articles worth reading (in addition to the online articles I read at night). Today's USA today had a big burger layout titled "51 Great Burger Joints", which is definitely worth checking out. The paper asked "local experts" (writers, blogger's...) to recommend one really good burger place in their state. The thing I really like about the article is that they are not claiming any place has the best burger in the town, state or country and the places aren't your typical chain restaurants. I haven't been to any places listed, but I have heard of a handful. The list will definitely work as a guide for some of my travels. The Massachusetts choice is Local Burger in Northampton, glad to see it's not Bartley or R.F. O'sullivans who seem to get a lot of press on certain food sites. There are a handful of places that appear to have been chosen based on the fact they use locally grown sustainable food sources, which I think is very commendable. Checkout the article here:

http://travel.usatoday.com/destinations/greatamericanbites/hamburgers/40391418/1

No comments:

Post a Comment